Saturday, April 2, 2011

Assignment 2

Tell us how you feel about health and wellness today. What’s your philosophy? Have you made any changes recently to the way you eat, exercise, etc?
·       First, if you’ve done things differently tell us a bit about the specific changes:
          -What are things you’ve done or bought because of health and wellness?
          - Are there any things you’ve stopped doing or buying, and why?

My philosophy is that I try to be as healthy as I can be, and try to get my kids to eat well, but also I can't fight and force them to eat vegetables and stuff they don't want.  I try not to be too stringent, since I have friends who try to limit their kids food choices severely, and it seems to backfire when kids are able to choose their own foods.
I am super busy and rely alot on convenience foods so I try as best I can to choose whole grain options where I can, to make sure we get enough fiber.  
I purchase lots of healthy snacks and try to keep them with us when we run errands so we are not stopping at McDonalds all the time.  
Raisins, trail mix, healthier cereals,  yogurts, nuts, etc, all help us out with being healthier, but we still do eat at McDonalds, etc. fairly often.  
I want my kids to be more adventurous eaters, I just bought a Kitchenaid food processor to try and "sneak" more veggies and legumes into their food.  I want to try and cook more, since I order out way too often.






Also with the spring we are trying to be more active.  My 6 year old got a video game system for Christmas so I try to have him spend part of each day  leaving the game and playing outside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment